Paul Sartori Hospice at Home has been supporting end-of-life patients, their families and carers for over 38 years.
The Equipment Loan Service, is just one of a range of free services delivered by the charity. This service allows access to a variety of items, equipping patients to remain independent and to be cared for at home. Specialist beds, mattresses, bathing aids, wheel chairs and commodes can make such a difference; allowing patients to be comfortable and remain at home with their family. Items are delivered by the experienced Paul Sartori Equipment Team; are assembled in patient's homes with relevant easy-to-follow instructions. The Team are also trained to transfer patients. Patients who benefit from the rapid response delivery service, often same-day, can prevent admission or even expedite discharge from hospital.
CHARITY BACKGROUND & STATS
Paul Sartori Hospice at Home is a registered charity based in the rural county of Pembrokeshire, South West Wales. The multi-disciplinary teams have a compassionate ethos and work closely with other health care professionals and third sector organisations to deliver excellent end-of-life support to patients, families and carers. Its mission is “to provide sustainable services that promote good end-of-life care in Pembrokeshire”. The following services are provided by the charity: Day and Night Hands-on Nursing Care, Equipment Loan, Physiotherapy, Complementary Therapy, Counselling and Bereavement, Under 18s Anticipatory and Bereavement Counselling, Advance Care Planning and Training.
During 2018/2019, 1,438 patients accessed one or more of the clinical services; 1,131 items of equipment were delivered in the community, and during the same period 144 mattresses and 90 commodes were delivered.
“This time last year our dad was terminally ill, Paul Sartori were at the end of the phone and quickly helped with equipment enabling him to be home as he wished. The nurse who stayed with us that last night was amazing. We will never be able to thank you enough for your support”
“I have played at a couple of fundraisers in the past, but did not fully realise what a gem this organisation was until our family needed them. Really fast, focused and efficient. Pembrokeshire is very lucky. Thank you”
WHAT WE WILL DO WITH YOUR HELP
By supporting this project, you can ensure more items are available for end-of-life patients, their families and carers in Pembrokeshire. We can ensure patients in the final stages of life can be cared for at home if that is their choice.
We will purchase the following items with your help:
- Drive Power Hybrid Mattresses - this mattress provides pressure relieving assistance to end-of-life bed-bound patients
- Repose Overlay Mattresses - this can be fitted to the patient's own bed and offers pressure relieving properties, with the added benefits that they are easy to clean and highly portable (securely packed inside the unique pump which enables inflation to the correct pressure) and ready for use within seconds
- Drop Arm Wheeled Commodes – this has removable arms to facilitate easier, more stress-free side transfers for both the patient and carer; they have a sturdy frame and provide a good level of comfort and support. They are easy to clean and maintain.
This will offer patients now, and those in the future, choice and will ensure end-of-life patients are able to maintain dignity at home.
Our target is to reach just under £2000 to cover the costs of purchasing:
- 2 x Drive Hybrid Power Mattresses
- 2 x Repose Mattress Overlays
- 4 x Drop Arm Wheeled Commodes